Saturday, September 19, 2009

La Vernia Hammerfest

Well folks, I went down today....took a corner about 200 yards from the end of the 65 mile ride of the La Vernia Hammerfest and hit some gravel...nasty stop....so it's time for a new helmet - actually I was wearing a new one (my birthday present next weekend) and now it is cracked....my Garmin 310 shattered.....no longer waterproof.....and taking inventory of the road rash...knee, calf, hip, forearm, elbow and shoulder.....after 45 minutes in the ambulance they had me cleaned up, my shorts cut off (although I maintained some amount of modesty), checked out my head (the hardest part of my body) and then I was sent on my way.....do not have concussion symptons in the past 8 hours so I am feeling pretty good about the head. The shower was !#^*($#ing ridiculous....OMG that hurt....finally got it all numb and was able to wash it out.....then some Neosporin and some dressings....wow....this crap hurts.... So I am bagging the run tomorrow, I will see how I feel when I wake up and then go for a short run at least.....it could have very easily been much, much worse.....

See you at the finish line.

1 comment:

justkeepspinning said...

Bummer - sorry to read about your crash. Best luck to quick healing. FYI - I am from San Antonio and will be doing Ironman AZ in November also. It will be my first Full IM.