Sunday, December 28, 2008

Six Cruising Miles With My Daughter

Got one of those rare opportunities this morning to run with my daughter. She is a senior in college and is home for the holidays. Possibly her last extended vacation at our home. At least I hope she gets a job after graduation.... She is going to run her first half marathon in Houston in a few weeks while I am running my first marathon. This was her first long run after having her wisdom teeth out last week, we had run a couple of short runs but this one was her first long one in a while. It was so nice to run together, someone to talk to, someone to laugh with - just a great time. She has her last long run next weekend so we will see how that one goes...today was fine. I will run at least some of her long run with her next weekend so that will be some more "dad time".

Thanks for reading...I am going to try to be consistent in posting here so hopefully someone will find it interesting and/or useful.

See you at the finish line.

1 comment:

George Houston said...

that's very cool.

my daughter is four and she loves to run with me but i have to push her in the jogging stroller

good luck.