Thursday, January 1, 2009

Sayonara 2008

What a long, strange trip it has been.

I have to say I am very pleased 2008 is officially in the books. It was a tough year professionally and personally. However, even though it was a tough year, it was also one that saw fitness remain in front of me regularly. I continued my streak of never arriving at a race over-trained. It seems every time I got close to one of my A races, I had some nagging injury or a cold or something. Regardless, I made it through every race I had planned so I am thankful for the accomplishment.

A quick review of the big 2008 deals for me...
~ Ran my first half marathon
~ Did my first Olympic triathlon
~ Did my first organized 43 mile bike ride
~ Did my first 70.3 triathlon

And....signed up for Ironman Arizona in November of 2009. Training starts soon, but first, there's a little issue of 26.2 miles of a marathon in a couple of weeks...16 days to be exact. What was I thinking?

Should be a fun 2009....see you at the finish line.

No comments: