Monday, February 16, 2009

Riding Weekend....

It was a great holiday weekend. A couple of great rides and a wonderful Sunday off. It was my first Sunday off from trianing in quite some time. What a nice break.

I am beginning to ramp up the short work for the CapTexTri on Memorial Day in May. If you are anywhere close to Texas and you have never done this race, do yourself a favor and go register right now.....stop reading....go register....it is a big, well-run event. You should be there.

Planning the calendar for the year is taking some work since there are a lot of LONG workouts for an IM. I love to do events.....you know, someone else carrying the water is cool.

In case you are unaware, I am doing the Janus Charity Challenge during IMAZ raising money for the Lance Armstrong Foundation - one of my employees is going through chemo, my mom is a survivor and my dad, father in law and mother in law all died of cancer. Additionally, I am going to carry a list of names of cancer survivors and victims with me during Ironman Arizona - they will help get me through 140.6. If any of you have names of anyone you would like to add to the list, please email me at left.right.repeat@gmail.com.

Finally, if you are compelled to make a donation and would like the link to my site, it is http://januscharitychallenge.kintera.org/az09/reece

Thanks for considering a donation....see you at the finish line,
Bryan

No comments: