Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sounds a little fishy

I got back in the pool this week. For the first time since October. I don't really want to say that I know that much about swimming but I swam 1500 meters today in a time that was only one minute slower than my 1500 meter time last year. So, I guess for me, my swim is always about the same no matter how much swimming I do - I think I will continue to swim but not stress about working that much on my time. It confirms my theory that so little time is spent in the water relatively speaking, that it is not worth the investment to speed up when you are not a gifted and talented swimmer.

As I have said many times, my swim speed is "on". I am either swimming or not...that is it. I think to open my swim time and improve it dramatically would take a LOT of time and effort. It seems that the time would be much better spent on the bike and/or the run.

Strangely enough, last year I realized just how much I liked the long swims. They really let me disassociate and zone out and go.

I also ran 6 miles today. My longest run in a month. I have been a bit of a slug since the marathon....but I have been riding and going to spin class.

See you at the finish line.

1 comment:

Brian said...

First swim since October?!?! Man, I wouldn't have made a single length. I lose my swim stamina so quickly. Good on you!