Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Slacker...and the Lifetime Fitness Indoor Tri

Well, if anyone is reading this, I have not died. I have been remiss in my duties with my blog. Obviously, my masses have missed me. LOL!

On April 6, I participated in the Lifetime Fitness Indoor Triathlon. This was after an April 5 attendance at the Final Four games, so you can imagine my sleep was not as perfect as I wished but the games were awesome. It was my first time at a Final Four and it was cool.

Now, on with the race report...
My indoor start time was 7:20 central so I finished up really early this morning. A "tough three" this morning after the games last night. It was organized into a 10 minute swim, 10 minute transition, a 30 minute bike (calibration set on a spin bike with a computer attached), 5 minute transition and finally a 20 minute treadmill run. I swam 475, biked 14 and ran 2.31 miles. I am sure bike calibration was not totally realistic but those were my results. My swim was wild. I was in a narrow lane with a younger man who swam at almost the exact same speed so we were bashing into each other, kicking and hitting and forcing water into the other's mouth as we tried to breathe...it was like a 475 yard open water start....smile. None of this was intentional it is just how it happened - glad I could breathe bilaterally when it was really rough. The bike was simply a high cadence spin and the run was set it and hang on...I actually added a tenth each minute until I didn't think I could go any faster. The plan worked pretty well. I think I was 8th out of 24 men over 40 and like 25th overall. It was very well run. I think I will do it again next year. It was a fun hour long workout.

No comments: