Sunday, May 31, 2009

Tour de Cure 2009

A beautiful two days of riding in Texas. The weather was just about perfect yesterday and today. Not much wind. High 60s overnight, in the low 70s at the start and finishing each day between 80-85 degrees. Don't get me wrong, it was well into the 90s yesterday afternoon at the party/lunch but I was off the roads and out of the direct sun.

This was one very well done ride. A tip of the helmet to the organizing crew. You all did a great job. One of the best marked courses I have ever ridden. Many rest areas, very well stocked. Great volunteers - they even cheered as you finished.

As you probably know, this is a charity ride for diabetes and I have a good friend in Canada who is diabetic and one of my spin instructors is diabetic as well. I was thrilled to ride with my spin instructor and her husband yesterday....maybe next year FreddyBeachPete can come down too. I will definitely do the ride again next year.

We are very fortunate to have the hill country to ride through on a regular basis. From San Antonio to Austin is some great riding on lightly traffic'd roads for the most part. The organizers did a great job finding us some great roads to ride on both days.

Overnight is in San Marcos at Texas State....we grabbed a hotel room as my dorm days are fond memories and that is where I am trying to keep them. Got to have dinner with mom instead of the dinner party associated with the ride so that was great too.

Tomorrow starts week 2 of the Ironman Arizona training plan. The journey continues. See you at the finish line.

No comments: