Sunday, May 3, 2009

Watching Swimmers

Watching others....I try to realize their mistakes but focus on the really good form swimmers, subconsciously I hope their effortless swimming burns into my brain so that I can be more fluid. I swam this morning early and was finishing up as another guy was in the pool...I watched him struggle and struggle and realized it was silly to sit and watch him. He came to a stop - yes a stop - to breathe, and then tried to get himself going. I really wanted to recommend that he get a lesson or two but didn't think it was my place. I am not a great swimmer as we all know but I looked like Ryan Lochte compared to him....made me smile....notice I didn't say Michael Phelps....he's a pothead....LOL!

I went to pilates class tonight with Debbie and I think the old abs will be sore tomorrow...I really need to work on my core and maybe this is the way to try to consistently do it.

Have a great week and I will see you at the finish line.

1 comment:

George Houston said...

swimming is just one of those things - the more you do it, the better you get.

and who wants to be compared to Michael Phelps? lol.