Sunday, November 8, 2009

The hay is in the barn....

Well, as they say, "the hay is in the barn". The work is done. All that can be accomplished for Ironman Arizona has been banked. For the next two weeks, it is take care of myself, don't do stupid stuff, don't get hurt, try to stay healthy, etc.

I had to cut today's race rehearsal short due to some really bad thunderstorms this morning. I really wanted to get the work in but the slippery streets and crazy drivers did not warrant the risk.

I have a plan for execution at Arizona, I will work through the day and get the job done. The missed workouts, the missed family time, the missed sleep - it will all just have to work together to get me through 140.6 miles. I am not expecting any age group records but it will be a PR for me as it is my first. I want to enjoy the day as much as possible and just finish (I keep telling myself there are no time goals for this one except to finish in less than 17 hours).

From work issues, to stock market issues, to a corporate merger, to consolidation of offices, to new positions and work responsibilities, to bike crashes, to staph infections, to messed up backs.....the road to Ironman is paved with life. Please send good vibes my way and may God smile upon me November 22 as we work our way through the day.

See you at the finish line.

No comments: